"When changing batteries on a multi-battery mission, if the battery is not changed very quickly and the iPad screen goes to sleep, the app loses connection with the drone."
- Yes, that is not a case we test with for sure. We will give that a look.
"Sometimes when cancelling and restarting a mission, the video feed is lost and frozen on the last image captured by the camera."
- We have not seen or heard of this happening. Please let us know if you figure out a way to reproduce it. In general you can reboot the whole connection by unplugging and replugging the cable to the remote. I would inspect your cable for "black pad" and poor connection. Interference could be another cause of a poor connection.
"When planning a mission, the “number of batteries” and “duration” is based on the flight speed under ideal circumstances, however missions rarely have ideal circumstances and the actual speed is usually reduced due to ground smear, lighting conditions, etc. "
- We have no way of knowing the conditions of the air or the content of the survey area before taking off so ideal numbers are provided. We will look at updating the estimates after the speed is set.
"When flying a long mission (multi-battery) it would be nice if the “number of batteries”, “flight time”, and “images” would update to show the number completed over the total for the mission"
- There is a tradeoff to be made between readability and information density. The number of flights and total images are available on the left side's planning numbers and the executed flight numbers are available on the right. We already struggle to keep things readable and adding more numbers doesn't help that.
"When flying a multi-battery mission, the user is presented with the same 5 mission warning / reminder messages after each battery replaced. It seems that one set of warnings should be enough per mission."
- Yes, it can get a bit redundant. We assume certain settings are the same but others we have to verify. We keep it consistent because we never know what went on while on the ground. Maybe they left and came back. Maybe they moved. We always want people to be in control of the return to home height. Assuming it is set to the current value it will not be shown. The user always needs to be able to choose (and be aware of) whether or not they are using terrain aware. The Sun Angle warning is run-time dependent. The blue verification line is the most important one of all of them.
"The gimbal angle allows up to 45 degrees, however the DJI workflow only supports up to 40 degrees."
- Honestly, we don't want people uploading anything close to 40 degrees up from nadir. But we recognize that people love oblique images for some reason and are free to collect whatever they want for other processing methods.
"The buttons and sidebars should be slightly wider with a small margin "
- Noted. Some of it is an attempt to reuse controls so they are not all tailored to the size that we have available but certainly some of that is able to modified.
"In the settings screen, it would be helpful to have “info” (i) buttons"
- Probably a good idea.
"When the drone reaches 20% battery"
- There are different things that trigger RTH. If it something we have control over we present that option. However, if it is something that is triggered on the aircraft (battery state) there is no choice available and it is coming home no matter what. We have no control of when that happens. It sounds like the hardware triggered one is happening right after the one the app provides based on timers or whatever else. The bottom line is when the battery says it is time to go home, it is going home. We are absolutely not going to override (or allow users to override) what the battery says because it is usually right. Maintaining a good calibration on your battery is the best way to keep it from doing crazy things or returning home early.
Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. We will put a couple of the items on our list. The "big boys" have been copying us for years and frequently recommend our use because of the advanced features we offer.