DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 drones both record important information from each flight, and you can download these flight logs onto your computer. Having these flight records can be useful for warranty or repair claims, in the event of a crash or dispute, or simply to collect detailed information about your flight. These files are encrypted, but with a third party website, you can view more detailed information from your drone's flight.
Downloading flight logs
- Power up the Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 drone and launch the DJI GO App. Enter the camera view.
- In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings. You can find the MC Settings on the top left corner of the screen, directly to the right of the Home icon.
- Scroll down, and select Enter flight date mode.
- The DJI GO app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC or Mac via USB cable. The USB port on the Phantom 3 is located on the front or nose of the drone. On the Inspire 1, the USB port is located on the rear of the drone under the taillight.
- Once you connect the drone to your computer, you will be able to access the internal files from the drone. Here, you can copy the .DAT files onto your computer. These are the files that can be viewed with our Log Viewer.
- Using our Log Viewer Utility, you can decrypt the flight logs for easy viewing, and you can export to different file types like .CSV files.
- Within the DJI GO app you can also format the data recorder by choosing Format Data Recorder. This will erase all the internal files from the drone.
Here is the continuation, follow from point #5 from the below article for more steps, if the drive is not mounted.
Thanks for your tutorial anyway.
Very helpful. Thank you.